If that's true, my friends, then hopefully this post, these words, trivial though they may seem, will allow you a glimpse into my soul, my heart, my world, and life. Welcome to my blog - my ongoing work of "heart". :)
The word "passion" itself is defined as a powerful emotion- so what you're about to read here isn't for the weak of heart, or the faint of spirit. You see, one of the things that you may wish to know firstly about me is that I am passionate about being passionate! I firmly believe that we were placed on this earth, not just to exist, but to live, and that through the -life- within us, to make the world a better place. We weren't placed here in this time, or in this place, to simply maintain the status quo, we were given this life, this spirit, this soul, this heart, to make our own special contributions, to change the face of reality,be it for ourselves, or others, and hopefully, when we leave this world behind, to also leave it somehow changed, somehow brighter, for our presence in it.
There is a life less ordinary, a path less taken.. and it is that life, that path that I hope to follow. As it was once expressed by the playwright who so skillfully crafted one of my favorite movies of all time "Shakespeare in Love" :
I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture. Love - like there has never been in a play.
I am not, nor have I ever been, a woman of few words, or a woman without strong beliefs, thoughts and philosophies. If anything, perhaps sometimes I am too strong in those beliefs, thoughts,and philosophies. My soul dances on the gentle breeze, but echoes in the stirs of the thunder and lightning. Sometimes, I am the sweet, soft petals of the velvet rose, and sometimes the sound and fury of the storm. I am a dreamer, an idealist, an activist, and yet sometimes, I walk in shadow. I am a walking contradiction, a beautiful disaster. I claim no perfection, save perfection in my imperfections.
Those who have known me best, and longest know this well, and thank God, have come to accept this in me. They are kind and compassionate enough to love me despite that particular tendency in me, and strong enough to stand with me, and sometimes, when needed, to help guide me to the deeper truth.
That being said, my friend, I do realize that not everyone can be so accepting, so understanding or strong.. so if you don't want to know the "real" me, if you don't really want to know what I think, or my opinions,if you only want to see me through the looking glass of your judgment, condemnation or ridicule, then you may want to click away from this site right now.
Go ahead, it's fine -really.. I understand, truly I do.
If you choose to remain and are brave enough to continue on, however, I do hope that you'll somehow find your life enriched, or at least, enlightened, and that you may find something here that will inspire your own passions. That is my prayer for you, my friend.. that you may find some spark of life, some spark of inspiration in my words that will awaken your soul, provoke you to thought, and perhaps even to action..
... that you may find for yourself this "life less ordinary" that I've found, and that it will embrace you, as you embrace it, as I have embraced it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment